Sunday, April 3, 2011

Update after a few days...

I'm sorry the updates haven't been as frequent as we would like, but it's been a rough few days as to be expected. We've been having a whirlwind of emotions, but thankful to God for everything. Oliver was an adorable little guy and will be in the hearts of many for a long time. The hospital we were at was more than awesome, they took care of our every need, and really cared about us and all we were going through. We really bonded with some our nurses who were taking care of us. Also, Carrie with Fingerprints of Grace took some amazing pictures for us which will be shown in later posts.

As I said above, it's been a tough few days. Physically and emotionally for Allyson, and then emotionally for myself and our families. We miss our little Oliver so much, he was a fighter and an inspiration to us all. I am so thankful that we got to hold him as much as we did. I was even able to give him his first little Hot Wheel, which was a Chevy Truck (pictures to come). Allyson is starting to sleep better, but it has been a struggle at times for us both. We still have a lot of things to get figured out, and have so many emotions. Sometimes something small will set us off, or sometimes it is reading the comments, cards, and other items of support. We appreciate them all and can't tell you enough how all the prayers and support has really helped us. We have so many people to thank, I'm not even going to start thanking them on here, because I know I'll miss someone, but know you all are appreciated. 

Anyway, sorry for the scattered brain post, but that's about how I am thinking right now. Did I mention how adorable our son Oliver was? Well, just in case you don't believe me, I have posted a couple pictures below. We will post again soon, but in the mean time, please continue to pray for Allyson's health, recovery, and strength. Also pray for our families as they are having difficult times as well.


Mommy and Oliver

Mommy, Daddy, and Oliver

Oliver Matthew Junebug Foster


Thanks and God Bless,

Oliver's Mommy and Daddy

5 comments:

  1. You posted at nearly midnight and here I am commenting at 1:40 am. I am one of the family members you're requesting prayer for, & I appreciate that. Once again, you're so selfless.

    I find myself both so thankful to God for getting to be a part of Olllie's brief time on earth, and yet yearning for more time. I have learned so much about my family, myself, and God all because of a sweet little baby boy. Ollie-bug, you have changed me for the better.

    I love you, Rob and Ally. We are praying for you morning, noon, and night...or middle of the night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. You're right...my newest nephew is stinkin adorable. But then again, so are his parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still praying for you guys!

    Oh...he is so incredibly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allyson,
    I just stumbled across your blog via facebook. I am so deeply sorry for your loss. Your son is so handsome. I love the picture of him laying on your chest, what a precious moment. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers as you journey through the grief of losing your baby. I pray that one day God would restore to you beauty instead of ashes and gladness instead of mourning (Isaiah 61:3). And by the way, I love his name.

    -Your long lost college roomie :)
    Kate (Van Drunen) Rietema

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tonight look at skies.
    Pay attention to 2 tinny bright stars...
    That will be be your little boy's eyes looking up for you and letting you know that he is in good company.

    ReplyDelete