Saturday, April 30, 2011

Good is not gone...

We have learned a lot about ourselves and people in the last few weeks and months during Junebug’s Journey. I’ve heard in the past how some people think that the good in the world is gone, but I can tell you from personal experience it isn’t. Want proof? We have had many people go out of their way to help us in many different ways. People have brought us meals, sent us cards, sent messages, sent flowers, and so much more.

Now you might be thinking, the people doing these good things are probably from their church. Here’s a newsflash for you, some of the people doing these things, aren’t from our church. In fact, they aren't from any church that we know of anyway. Yes, there is and always will be bad in the world too, but what stops us all from showing God's love in everything we do? Not just the moments during a tragedy in someone's life. I can tell you that the little things which have done for us have meant the world. Oliver has changed Allyson and I in many ways, but one big way is not taking for granted the little things in life. The meals, the prayers, and the notes from people we don't know have been some of the things we may have taken for granted in the past, but not any longer.

Today was a big day for Oliver, Allyson, and I. It was the 30th, exactly one month since the birth and loss of our little guy. I don't know how people with healthy babies celebrate one month of life with their little ones, but I do know you shouldn't take it for granted. Don't take any time you have with your kids or loved ones for granted because you never know when things could change in an instant.

One thing I have been thinking about a lot today is the little movements I saw Oliver make in the short time we had together. I could not anticipate how much they would mean to me now. I wish I could see his little face, fingers, legs, and feet move again, but all I can do is replay our short moments in my mind over and over. Parents reading this, please enjoy each moment and movement your kids make, even when they may not be ones you like at the time. We were blessed to have that hour and 41 minutes with Oliver and we thank God for that time. I know I keep saying this over and over, but enjoy the time you have. Spread God's love, and let us all fill the world with more good than bad. Then hopefully we can say one day, the negativity and bad in the world is gone...

Thanks and God bless,

Rob and Allyson

2 comments:

  1. Thought about you a lot yesterday. I wish we could have spent some time with you last night. With all that has gone on in our family's lives in 2011, trust me when I say that I am trying to soak up every moment. I don't want to take anything for granted.

    Keep inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob and Allyson, I can't explain what your words do for our family. It really grounds us and makes us take a step back to enjoy what's going on in our lives. I know I've said this before but you two are so strong. You both are a blessing to this world.

    ReplyDelete