Monday, March 28, 2011

Wednesday it is...

Well, our delivery day has been set. We will be going in early Wednesday morning so we can bring Junebug in to the world. We don't expect Junebug to be with us long, but we are going to love on this baby as much as possible and share every moment we can with him or her. Yes, after all of the testing we have had done, we still don't know if it's a boy or girl. I still say it's a girl like I have from the beginning and I think Allyson is finally starting to think I am right, but we'll see.

Junebug has taught us so much, touched so many people, and it's going to be extremely difficult to say our worldly goodbye, but we will see our baby again. Just as we have prayed and prayed that Junebug would be healthy and not have any physical ailments, our prayers will be answered when Junebug goes to heaven. It won't be a goodbye, but a "see you later". We are truly thankful and feel blessed to have this experience, but it doesn't make it any easier.

We have so many decisions to make in the next couple days and Allyson's body will be going through a lot. It will be not only emotionally challenging for her, but also physically. Please pray for her nerves when preparing for the procedure, and then also her recovery. While you are at it, if you could pray that we make the right decisions when encountered with all of the different questions presented in the next few days, it would be greatly appreciated. There are so many unknowns and we keep learning of more unknowns by the minute.

Junebug's Journey is far from over, and I'll update the blog as soon as I can on Wednesday or Thursday. We still believe a miracle can be done, as we are living a miracle now. God has blessed us in so many ways, and we sincerely thank everyone who is praying and has been.

Jesus said, “This sickness will not end in death. No, it is for God’s glory so that God’s Son may be glorified through it.” (John 11:4)

Talk to you soon,

Rob, Allyson, and Junebug

5 comments:

  1. Love, love, love you guys.

    I can't wait to meet my newest niece or nephew, who is already so loved. But will be more fiercely loved by our Father soon.

    Junebug,

    You have the best parents ever. They have love you, prayed for you, and fought for you so hard. God's plans are greater than ours though. Keep Mamaw, Papaw (both papaws), and Tressel company until we get there! Find peace, my love bug.

    Hugs and kisses,

    Aunt Rett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allyson and Rob -

    I wanted to let you both know that I'll be praying for you and Junebug especially tomorrow. I can't imagine the tough decisions you've had to make and what you're going through as you prepare for tomorrow.

    I also wanted to offer my photography services to you. I am part of the American Child Photographers Charity Guild and recently photographed another family in a similar circumstance (Husmann family, on my blog www.jessicajohnstonphotography.com/blog) they had a baby boy, Jaxton, born with Trisomy 18. I was present for his birth and I know that the photos were important to his family.
    I know everyone has preferences so if this is something you're at all interested in - just shoot me an email and we'll work out details.

    Either way I'll be praying for you.

    Jessie Johnston

    Here is the link to Jaxton's journey...
    http://www.jessicajohnstonphotography.com/blog/?p=1318

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rob and Allyson,
    I am a friend of Lizzie Summers and teach with her. She shared your story with us and we have been praying for you. I can especially sympathise with your situation as my husband and I also had a daughter prematurely who had not developed healthy kidneys. Her name was Chloe Renee. We, like you, were blessed to have a short time with her. Your posts have always reminded me of what we chose for her headstone- "The longest life is short, and the shortest is miraculous." If you ever feel that I could offer you any support, please feel free to contact me. I will continue to pray for you over the coming days.
    Stacey Bertsch, sbertsch17@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you from Chris and Sarah's blog. Just wanted to let you know that I care and will be praying for you. I know the pain of losing babies too soon . . . though not so far along in the pregnancy as you. May your hearts be filled with the peace of our Loving Father.

    ReplyDelete